Wednesday, February 1, 2017

So Many Changes In So Many Years


You know, I had actually all but forgotten I had created this Blog. Nearly 10 years have gone by since I last posted an entry, and so much has happened in that time. The short version of those events is that over the course of the last 8 years, Mr. B. and I have moved into the Manor, rented out our house to a young couple with two children, and divide our time between the Manor and Chezmus (Chez for short) Seamore, our cottage (aka a trailer) in the Periwinkle Park RV campground on Sanibel Island.

Mommy Dearest is still alive and well, as are nearly all the major players in my life. Mr. B's father passed away unexpectedly this past November, and his mother is still alive, though not very well, living out her days in an assisted living facility in Ohio. She suffers from Alzheimer's, and even on her good days she has no idea who she is or where she is, recognizes no one, and lives in a world where a play doll is a real baby to be cooed over and caressed.

Oh, and I've been retired (well, semi-retired) for nearly a year now. I still take on projects now and then to help pay the bills, but for the most part I'm enjoying a whole new way of life that involves a lot more bike riding than instructional design.

So, since I have a lot more time on my hands, I've decided to start "blogging" again. Why not?

Stay tuned for more news from Periwinkle Park and Chez Seamore.

No comments:

Post a Comment